Clear 'My Postings'?

K.H 20:48 26 Nov 03

Hello

The 'My Postings' option on this website is getting really cluttered up, and i was wondering if there is any way of cleaning it out?

Thanks

K.H

VoG II 21:07 26 Nov 03

Unfortunately there is no way of doing this.

K.H 21:08 26 Nov 03

Well never mind.

thanks for your help VoG

K.H

powerless 21:12 26 Nov 03

Actually its been done for you. (some)

Pesala 23:07 26 Nov 03

Just register again under a new name.

VoG II 23:10 26 Nov 03

I had thought of that but this would inflate the number of Registered Users. I'm sure PCA would'nt condone that.

Forum Editor 23:24 26 Nov 03

has always struck me as a pretty pointless operation. What anyone gains from it is beyond me - apart from being able to disguise themselves even more.

From time to time we prune the online side of the archive, and in fact we did it a few days ago. It helps to keep the page loading times down.

The Spires 23:25 26 Nov 03

I would like all my posting to be run through with a giant spellchecker/grammar/stupid postings remover device, or just delete them. :-)

powerless 23:27 26 Nov 03

Can i be renamed:

Forum Editor - Junior?

VoG II 23:31 26 Nov 03

Unfortunately, Powerless, this position is taken.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:21 27 Nov 03

I found this thread after the green tick. The 'My postings' link can be usefull at times but in the main, serves no purpose beyond the last two or three postings made. I do not acknowledge update information any more with 'Cheers mate', not through bad manners, but to stop my postings getting cluttered.

Although it is a handy feature for some, I think it takes up unnecessary server space.

Quick answer for Pesala: I have changed my user name a couple of times, but never re-registered. This is a trick used by other forum's admins and moderators to bump up their member tally (no names mentioned)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…