clear my computer

pierc113 21:25 26 Feb 03

I want to totaly clear my computer and start again I am runing win98se, Is there a web site that tells me how to uninstall the operating system then install it again. I do have my win 98 disc and a disc with devices that came with the computer

The PC Doctor 21:33 26 Feb 03

Check out this thread

click here

Djohn 21:34 26 Feb 03

click here courtesy of jazzypop. :o)

slysy 21:41 26 Feb 03

First, whats your reason for re-installing?
Second who is the manufacturer of the PC? if its a DELL, then there may be a couple of problems

Third how big is your hard drive?
If it is over say 4Gb, then it will be worth partioning the drive.
This will allow you to have windows and all other program files on one partion and all personal docs, music etc on the other.
If you have any problems in the furture you can delete the data on C: and re-install.

If you hava a utility, like PartionMagic, you can partion the drive without affecting your current data
Do you have a backup disc? this is floppy disc containing details of cd rom drive etc.
If not, you can make one using the inbuilt utility, found withing accesories.

The basics are:
1) format drive, add partion.
2) copy files to main drive
3) install windows

Depending on your experience, there should not be too many problems. The main problems will be drivers, make sure you have everything.
Also make sure you backup all the files you want to keep before carring out the re-install.

Have not found a site that contains the info, prefer the try it yourself route, best for learning. LOL

Lets us know how you get on

Sly

Wak 22:01 26 Feb 03

click here for another website to assist you.

pierc113 22:05 26 Feb 03

reason for wanting to reinstall is everything as been going wrong with it for about 4-5 months now the last thing to go wrong was when I downloaded acrobat reader upgrade if I go into fonts on my pc I only have five fonts tryed adding for some reason it will not, I can download music ok but if i download a program it comes out in notepad or word thats just for starters, have a 20 gb its a pionex pc, I just want to get rid of everything and start again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now