cleaning windows

wolfie3000 05:16 21 Sep 05

Can anyone recommend a program (freeware) that will clean out all my junk files i searched the forums and most said ccleaner i already run it but i want something to do a deep deep clean of all my junk any suggestions?

wiz-king 07:03 21 Sep 05

what is junk. A program such as crap cleaner click here will remove most of the system junk but you will have to decide what programs you want to junk and what pictures/documents can go to external archives or go to the WPB.

wolfie3000 08:24 21 Sep 05

well i noticed that ccleaner removes most but not all things like ***.bak files and 0KB folders and files

€dstowe 08:26 21 Sep 05

Be VERY careful.

Make a full backup before you do anything with cleaning out the rubbish. It's so easy to make a wrong click and completely wreck your system. Remember, only one wrong click is required for full wreckage.

wolfie3000 08:28 21 Sep 05

i know i backup once a week but im sure theres programs out there that fit my needs

The Spires 09:00 21 Sep 05

If you uninstall the programs & demos you don't use, run Reg Reeker scan with Adaware + Spybot then CCleaner. Give your machine a defrag thats about the best you can do.

wolfie3000 09:02 21 Sep 05

i guess but im still convinced theres a program for cleaning out all the other junk i have spybot ccleaner regseeker and ad-aware

gudgulf 09:59 21 Sep 05

Have a look at JV16 Powertools click here .This is the freeware version(fully functioned,just an older version)...it will let you remove more files than ccleaner.It also has the RegCleaner registry cleaner built in which on its own is well worth having.

Be careful!!!! as has already been pointed out you could easily remove something essential.

Another useful tool is CleanUp click here which will remove more of the temporary files than ccleaner.

When you've used all the tools having a good look through the program directory in Explorer and deleting any residual folders from programs you no longer have on your pc will shift a few more files.

At the end of the day if you really want to clear all the junk from your system may I recommend a full reformat and start from scratch......it is by far the most effective method.

spuds 10:32 21 Sep 05

As previously stated, be very carefull in how much you remove, otherwise serious problems will appear. I find CCleaner and Windelete remove all that I need to remove.

handful 11:54 21 Sep 05

CleanUp as suggested by gudgulf above is an excellent programme and has never caused problems with my system. It has one big advantage over ccleaner in that it clears all the crap from all user accounts not just the one that you are in when you run it.

wolfie3000 13:07 21 Sep 05

Thank you Gudgulf iv just downloaded cleanup! what a fantastic program just amazing i ran ccleaner and it got rid of 12mb of stuff then ran cleanup! and it got rid of 144mb of junk and now for some reason my pc runs alot faster when rebooting it loaded up twice as fast i checked all the processes loaded correctly and the right programs loaded and they were fine how did i manage without this program once again cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…