Cleaning TFT screens?

Inigo 17:51 16 Mar 04

What do you people use for cleaning TFTs? I know that it's really not a good idea to use chemicals on it, as they have a rather nasty habit of disolving the plastic...

Mat2 17:57 16 Mar 04

Hi inigo

You could have a look here:

click here

Rayuk 17:59 16 Mar 04

All I use is compressed air then Lint free damp cloth.

Djohn 18:37 16 Mar 04

As Rayuk, I do the same using filtered water to damp the cloth and then buff with a soft clean cloth. I've needed to do this umpteen times with my son's laptop [Occasionally with a little mild soap added to the water for stubborn spots] and not a mark on the screen yet.

Had my own TFT for 8 months now and just flick a feather duster over it each day, never needed to use anything else yet.

Filch 18:45 16 Mar 04

I've used, for years, a cotton ball and Isopropyl Alcohol with no ill effects. Use a damp ball to clean and a dry ball to wipe dry and buff.

fitcher 20:38 16 Mar 04

I also use a feather duster . my glasses specs cloth. and hot breath .

Mister Splendid 20:43 16 Mar 04

I use an old cotton lens cloth and RS Anti-static spray.

i use tft wipes from pc world or a bottle of stuff i got from a pc fair which is better than the wipes , couldnt tell you what its called cos its not labelled , i was dubious too at the time but i picked a random bottle from the table they were on and made the guy test it on one of his tft screens (one i chose) and thats the bottle i bought.

the wipes are £4.99 for 100 in pc world

Dae 21:41 16 Mar 04

ViewSonic say they will not be liable for damage resulting from the use of alcohol or ammonia-based cleaners. Their advice is to try a soft, dry cloth: for stubborn marks use a mild non-abrasive detergent on a clean, soft, lint-free cloth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…