Cleaning second hard drive

swapper 00:08 15 May 04

After having a "small" problem which members of this Forum helped me resolve, I have this query.

I have two HD's 40GB (this was the Master) and 120Gb (slave), WindowsXP was on the 40GB.

This drive was stuck while I was installing Nortons system works.

To cut a really long story short.

I made the 120GB drive the master and the 40GB the slave, reinstalled WinXP on the 120GB.

How should I clear the 40GB drive of the winXp that I do not want.

Smegs 00:23 15 May 04

Do a format. What you'll need, is a 98 boot disk, so you can go into dos first. If you don't want the hard drive I'll have it.

Diodorus Siculus 00:31 15 May 04

Right click on "my computer"

Choose manage

then disk management

from there you can format the disk as you wish.

temp003 05:21 15 May 04

I think Diodorus Siculus's suggestion is the better way, as it should be quicker and it also means you can format the disk in NTFS, which a 98 floppy can't.

If you already have Norton SystemWorks installed on your new XP, remember to turn off Norton Unerase (or Norton Protect) first (for the old hard disk/partition) before you try formatting the old disk in Disk Management. Otherwise, I think you won't be able to format it.

swapper 10:00 15 May 04

Sorry I should have mentioned that I have WinXP:-(

Diodorus Siculus, that was sooo easy, thanks.

now I will start a new thread :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…