cleaning reg

aboutit 15:14 04 May 04

I reasd on here that it`s a good idea to clean your reg but what should I remove and what should I keep? also what`s the best way to do it? I ran a programme called cc cleaner which is excellent but when I deleted duplicated files I lost my antivirus so how do I know what to remove .Any help appreciated

TheTerminator 15:35 04 May 04

regseeker
loads of options to use, not just reg cleaner, but also loads of tweaks offered.

regsupreme
backs up all changes and is really easy to re-install should you find a mistake has been made...

Regseeker is freeware
Regsupreme is shareware - 30 day trial

bertiecharlie 15:47 04 May 04

There is always the chance that when you run a registry cleaner programme that you will delete something important. I'm not familiar with CCleaner although a number of people in the helproom have recommended it.

I recently bought Registry Mechanic which found 99 errors and deleted them after making a backup. No adverse effects on the computer. I then got a utilities programme called Tune Up Utilities 2004 which includes a registry cleaner. It found 700 errors! These have been deleted after making a back up and everything is running fine.

You can never be 100% sure with programmes which delete "useless" files or clean up the registry. The thing is to make a back up of the files deleted and then you can go back to square one if required. Definitely gets the pulse going though when you click the "repair now" button!

Regards.

hector 911 16:30 04 May 04

try ashampoo winoptimizer it keeps your pc clean and more. ashampoo will send a email after registering product, and give you the chance to offer a bid that you think this software is worth to you, put in as low a bid that you think is acceptable, and don't be surprised if they accept!

I've used this software for a few years with no problems, and if you do delete something that you need from the registry, it keeps a backup so you can restore. searching for repeat dlls and deleting is always warned against, unless you know excatly what you are doing!

aboutit 17:11 04 May 04

Mnay thankd will take all advise offered

johnnyrocker 17:30 04 May 04

personally i use and am very pleased with registry first aid

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…