//some 3rd party need geo

Cleaning Printers

Elrond 13:01 14 Jan 03
  Elrond 13:01 14 Jan 03

Anybody know how to safely and fully clean a printer from ink that's been left behind. Just tried to print some documents and the paper is covered in ink marks of the rollers, its shocking. There is ink all over the place.

cherria 13:06 14 Jan 03

You could just run sheets of paper through using form feed until the ink dries or is soked up. I ended up taking my Epson appart to clean it. I wouldn't recommend that though as it took me ages to reassemble it.

graham 13:12 14 Jan 03

Take out the cartridge(s) and clean the print heads. It's those that are spreading the ink.

€dstow 14:35 14 Jan 03

Don't follow Graham's advice with an Epson. The printheads are integral with the printer not the cartridge. Also, the cartridges tend not to function properly if you take them out and re-insert them.

€d

Spencus 22:55 14 Jan 03

Carefully clean the rollers with kitchen roll,then run through blank sheets paper(load & eject button)

spuds 00:53 15 Jan 03

HP supply printer cleaner kits free, via their website.Nothing major, just swabs-tissues-instructions etc.

BlueMeanie 22:01 15 Jan 03

I use a piece of A4 paperfolder in half, and squirt some cleaning fluid on it, then feed it thr' the printer - use the paper advance key.

Do this a few times until all the ink is removed.

A cheapskate method is to use tap water on the paper, but only damp it, otherwise the paper will not feed thr' the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…