Cleaning an LCD screen

Jak_1 13:44 01 Aug 07

My great nephew has managed to leave paw prints on my LCD monitor, whilst hardly noticable when in use they are clearly visible when the monitor is switched off. I know that anything containing solvents are out but what is the best method of removing said prints. Any help would be appreciated.

Totally-braindead 13:50 01 Aug 07

What was on his hands?

Jak_1 13:55 01 Aug 07

His hands were clean so it would only be the normal finger prints, sweat so to speak, nothing sticky or anything like that.

Totally-braindead 13:59 01 Aug 07

You can get cleaning wipes and they are designed for cleaning LCDs, I got a spray out of LIDL I think it was and it does the job nicely.
ALDIs do the wipes I think.
You could also have a look in the likes of Woolworths as I'm sure I have seen the wipes there.

Totally-braindead 14:00 01 Aug 07

My local electrical retailer sells them as well I think.

hssutton 14:00 01 Aug 07

I use a soft lint free cloth slightly dampened with water which contains a drop of washing-up liquid

Stuartli 14:04 01 Aug 07

See:

click here

Microfibre cloths are available and not expensive. See, for instance:

click here

Jak_1 14:09 01 Aug 07

Thanks guys for your help, I shall have a go tomorrow.

€dstowe 14:13 01 Aug 07

Baby wipes - the water based ones. They have a tiny amount of detergent in them - just enough to clean with.

Be careful not to use the baby lotion wipes which are oily.

Also, moist toilet wipes will do the job as well - Tesco's own brand are the ones we use. Cheaper than screen wipes. Gently polish with a soft cloth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…