Cleaning an LCD Screen

EFC1878 11:03 14 Jan 06

I have a Viewsonic VA702 LCD screen and have been given some Felloes Computer screen wipes.

Are these ok to use?

Lokking at the manual it advises to use a lint free cloth but makes no mention screen wipes either for or against.

Forum Editor 11:08 14 Jan 06

on two TFT screens since they were new, with no ill effects whatsoever.

EFC1878 11:18 14 Jan 06

Cheers

I did not want to mess up. Having got a screen that I am very happy with I want to keep it that way.

johndrew 11:34 14 Jan 06

of screen wipes one is specifically for glass screens and the other universal. Although you may be OK with either, as the FE appears to be, those for glass can affect the surface on some TFTs. Check the packaging on your wipes and see if they are universal.

EFC1878 15:47 14 Jan 06

The packaging says that they are anti-staitc wipes that are alcohol free and which are sfae for laptos, pDAS, monitors and TVs.

The packaging says that thyye ar enot sutiable for mesh screens whateve rthey are

freaky 18:39 14 Jan 06

Bought a tub containing 100 Screen Wipes from PC World - tissue containing Isopyl Alcohol, Pure Water, Anti-Static. They are just for use on TFT, LCD, Plasma,PDA and laptop screens.

I have used them on 3 TFT's without any problems.

diy 19:14 14 Jan 06

I have never used anything other than damp kitchen wipes and a drop of washing up liquid, no ill effects, except for soft hands!!

Stuartli 19:35 14 Jan 06

Perhaps reading this may make you change your mind:

click here

Stuartli 19:37 14 Jan 06

Are these the ones?

Storex 100 Screen Cleaning Tissues. Specially designed for TFT, LCD, PDA, Laptop and Scanner screens. Contain no alcohol. £4.99

freaky 19:58 14 Jan 06

There is no makers name on them apart from Essential Value - 100 Screen Wipes.

They came in a pack of two tubs i.e. 200 wipes - total cost £8.99 inc vat.

Dae 21:39 14 Jan 06

Google for suppliers of Klear Screen.

It is advertised as

"Klear Screen and iKlear are the only formula used, sold, or recommended by leading manufacturers such as Apple, Dell, Sony Vaio, HP/Compaq, Fujitsu, IBM, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, and ViewSonic."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced