cleaning a keyboard.

Rennaissance 12:13 23 Dec 03

Hello. I have a wireless keyboard, and the keys have become sticky somehow, god knows! I wish to clean it, is there an easy way to do this. Thanks.

click here

This may be of some help

Rennaissance 12:22 23 Dec 03

Hi thanks for reply [email protected] E, the thread states that i should immerse it in achohol, Immerse meaning i should dip the whole thing in it? Or what, wouldn't this damage it somehow.

Djohn 12:29 23 Dec 03

Do you mean the surface of the keys are sticky, or the key action has become sticky?

NO just use cotton wool bud's total imersion would do more damage than good.

Never spotted that comment.

Pesala 12:32 23 Dec 03

What I do every six months or so, is take my keyboard to pieces. Undo the screws underneath, and popup off the keys with a penknife. If you're not a touch typist it is wise to take a photo of the keyboard first. Then you can brush out all the gunk with a toothbrush, and wash the plastic bits in detergent. Mind you don't lose the wires from the spacebar and other large keys, as that can make them a bit sticky ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And despite that, your + key has stuck down! :-)

Pesala 13:43 23 Dec 03

(~_~)

Rennaissance 17:58 23 Dec 03

no, when i press down one key it just sticks there for a bit etc, so i can't type properly. Will try and clean it out and it will probably take hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…