Cleaning inside the pc

silliw 21:05 01 Jul 03

Just a simple question (I think) - after opening my pc after three months it seems to have accumulated a lot of dust. What is the best way to clean the motherboard and components?

many thanks all

Glyn-252301 21:22 01 Jul 03

I use a 1 inch soft paintbrush and brush dust and fluff to bottom of case then use vacuum cleaner.
Make sure that you remove static by touching part of case without paint, or a screw fitting, do not use vacuum directly on any computer parts.

Also you could use canned air and blow dust out of hard to get places, about £5 a tin.
I have been useing these methods for about 10 years without any grief.

Regards G.

DieSse 21:34 01 Jul 03

As I've done for years, on some pretty old and pretty filthy systems, I go out of doors - put the vacuum on blow, and give it a good going over, with a paint brush to loosen up any recalcitrant areas. On a newish system a good blow should be enough.

DerekR 21:58 01 Jul 03

Yep - a good blow does wonders for ones system!

y_not 05:57 02 Jul 03

After years of sticking the vacuum hose into the machine - I bought one of those little compressors (for blowing up your tyres) that plugs into the car cigar lighter.

Works a treat for clearing out the dust AND because it "pulses" it seems to do a better job than the vacuum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…