Cleaning inside pc

Daiol 20:56 13 Jun 08

Hi,can anyone recommend a good and not to pricey place where i can purchase compressed air cans for cleaning inside the pc tower or maybe any other ideas on cleaning.Thanks.

woodchip 21:09 13 Jun 08

Why not try using some thiner tube on a vac. Just needs a bit of thinking to connect with what you have in the shed

woodchip 21:09 13 Jun 08

Its not like you are going to need it every day

Daiol 21:12 13 Jun 08

woodchip,Thats a very good thought have you tried it? if so is it succesful?.daiol

mrwoowoo 21:15 13 Jun 08

If you go down the compressed air route make sure you keep the can upright.Holding at an angle can release water vapour(not good).
Also keep about 6 inches away.

woodchip 21:24 13 Jun 08

Never had to clean a computer out as I live on my own, and I am a none smoker. I also run my main computer with both sides off

woodchip 21:29 13 Jun 08

I did buy a adapter for the vac for doing that job, must be two to three years ago but never used it and would not now know where it is. I also got a brush come squeeze balloon for keyboard never used that neither

mrwoowoo 21:29 13 Jun 08

Read the warnings about using vacuum cleaners.
click here

woodchip 21:30 13 Jun 08

I think I bought both from PoundLand Shop

woodchip 21:33 13 Jun 08

Cannot see why as you are not using any metal to short anything out, blow or suck whats the difference?

mrwoowoo 21:45 13 Jun 08

I think they think we may be too vigorous or get too close with the vac.They do suck pretty hard.
But keeping a sensible distance from components and using an adapter should be fine.
Some on this forum even use the brush on the end.
Don't think i'm brave enough to try that though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…