Cleaning Epson print heads

Chris the Ancien 20:01 09 Jan 06

I have an Epson R200 colour printer. And the Light Cyan print head seems to be skipping a little bit on the print head check.

I improved it a bit with several head cleaning cycles, but there is still a slight amount of break up (doesn't really show in printing, but I know it's there).

I've searched on google and ended up completely stumped!

Can anyone recommend a good method and source of supply for cleaning cartridge(s) for the R200?

Totally-braindead 20:13 09 Jan 06

Choice do them, expensive at £4 each but you can use them a few times click on the for further information link here click here

Chris the Ancien 20:24 09 Jan 06

Doh!! I looked there and didn't see them! Time to get my glasses cleaned.

I'm due to order a new batch of cartridges soon, so if I'm still getting breaks then, I'll bite the bullet and get one. 'Tis cheaper than binning the printer.

Chris

Bagsey 21:20 09 Jan 06

click here £0.99 each

mammak 22:03 09 Jan 06

Nice one I have the same printer as Chris the Ancien (Where's your "T" chris ? lol)and live in a very remote part of Scotland so if I need replacement in a hurry I have to pay £60, the printer only cost £80 thanks again.

Chris the Ancien 10:21 10 Jan 06

Bagsey...

Sorry for delay in responding. Food, wine and bed (in that order, I hasten to add) intervened. That's one good price. Looks like I'm going to have to a bit of searching in there to find the matching one, though; thir listings are a bit sketchy.

Mammak...

Remote part of Scotland! Lucky thing.

The 't' fell off the end of my name when the forum was redesigned last year. My name must have been too long. Bu' down ere in Ampshire, they wood'n pronounce i' anyroad up; they tend to use the glo'al version of mose words with a 't' in i'. I' duz my ed in!

Chris the Ancien 10:32 10 Jan 06

And they're out of stock 'on order'. :o((

Bagsey 11:11 10 Jan 06

I suppose you know that your cartridge are the same as for the R300 R220 R320 etc so they may have them under a different heading. Anyway I always have found that they answer contact us emails very promptly. Worth a try. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…