Cleaning a corrupt XP from the sytem

davesbits 11:35 02 May 06

Help,

I have a currupt XP opering system, which when I try and re-boot with the original disk, does not read my keyboard, therefore I seem unable to start the boot disk. I did try Windows ME and 98B start up disk but again the keyboard did not seem to be operating. Although when in windows XP it is fine, all keys are function, and when starting I can use F2 to access the BIOS. Please can anyone help

AndySD 11:49 02 May 06

Try using the floppy disks to start and boot into the recovety consoe snf use the formst X: command where X is the drive with windows on it.
click here

Terry Brown 13:05 02 May 06

To get the floppy disk program, do a google, and select the microsoft site, ensure you select the correct program for your CD. You will 6 Floppy disks. Run the program and follow prompts, put the CD in the drive when requested. You will need to change the boot sequence to A: as your first boot.Follow the prompts to disk 6. When you get the blue (Terms) screen (Press F8), you will be given either upgrade or advanced (select advanced)or will go direct to the next screen, You will have various options, the one you need is R (repair), If you select install another XP on you system you will have 2 XP programs running together.
Good Luck.

Devil Fish 17:21 02 May 06

just a question is your keyboard usb as your motherboard may not support usb this without the drivers
if so you may need to revert to a ps2 keyboard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac