Cleaners

highside 14:18 PM 29 Oct 12

I do use CC cleaner but would like to go a bit further. Is there a cleaner free or paid which goes deeper but can be trusted. Usually they tell you you have thousands of problems which they will fix if you pay. Dont mind paying but dont want to go off following red herrings. Win 7 64bit IE9

Thanks

john bunyan 14:32 PM 29 Oct 12

If you mean registry cleaners, then I would stick to CCleaner. Others can cause more trouble than the small improvement they give in terms of space savings.

Sea Urchin 14:42 PM 29 Oct 12

I wouldn't suggest "going further" than CCleaner

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:01 PM 29 Oct 12

Agree stick with CCleaner

deleting the wrong thing can cause th whole system not to boot.

Bob Exeter 15:08 PM 29 Oct 12

Imagine you are a National Trust volunteer about to clean delicate china and artifacts.....you are wearing white gloves and have a feather duster at hand. Now would you want to clean these items with a power washer???????

From a bad experience with so called "cleaners" stick with CC Cleaner and feel confident that this programme is doing a thorough job at keeping your rig clean.

Bob Exeter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…