Cleaned My Wireless Mouse help needed

RobCharles1981 11:45 29 May 06

My Mouse is the Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0a And decided too give it a clean inside and put the cover back and now the webscroll wheel is loose I noticed that there were 2 small lugs where the front bit plugs in but the wheel is in an up right position can anyone guide me?

Totally-braindead 12:23 29 May 06

I've never needed to take one apart so I'm afraid I can't help you, thats n=meant to be one of the advantages of an optical mouse, you'll just have to try and see how it fits together. If you can't then buy another one, they start at about £10 for a wired one, you might get a wireless one for £15-20.

Totally-braindead 12:24 29 May 06

Ignore the n=, bad spelling.

Smiler 12:27 29 May 06

Why did it need a clean inside?? they are sealed so nothing should get in.

RobCharles1981 12:30 29 May 06

Because some of the buttons where slow or sticking when playing games the wheel works ok but its a bit loose if you know what I mean

Stuartli 13:07 29 May 06

You can buy an wireless optical mouse from £8 to £10 upwards these days.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:46 29 May 06

Did your wheel have a ratchet type of mechanism so it clicked when rotated, if it does not click now might you have reversed the wheel on reassembly. Pure speculation as like most have never taken one apart.

amonra 17:20 29 May 06

Lidls next week, optical, cordless mouse £9:99

RobCharles1981 19:48 29 May 06

Mouse is working fine for the moment now Ive just Jiggled things a bit but the games I play are Half Life and Half Life 2 and Counter Stike Sorce so I'm keeping my eyes open for a decent mouse too use with

skidzy 19:57 29 May 06

This is one of the mice i use,very reliable. click here

Totally-braindead 20:01 29 May 06

I like Microsoft mice as well, I would get something like this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…