clean sweep hard drive

armacomroll 14:35 11 Jun 06

I have added a larger hard drive and installed widows xp on it. It is working fine and I would now like to use my old drive as extra file space. The old drive still contains windows xp on it and I would like to wipe everything off and give it a clean sweep. How do I format it. The old drive is connected at presentand the new one disconnected as I don't want to connect both drives until I know this one is empty.

Joe R 14:47 11 Jun 06

click on start, right click on my computer, select manage-disk management, and format from here.

Joe R 14:55 11 Jun 06

armacomroll,

Sorry didn't read your thread properly, to format your drive, boot from your old disk, and carry on as if you are installing a new o's. When it gets to the part where it shows you the drive to install on, press D, and it will allow you to delete this drive.

Shut down your P.C., and install this old drive as a slave to your new one, and proceed as with the posting above to format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…