Clean Re-Install of Windows 7 with no Disc?

DJ-Garry 20:46 21 Jul 14

Hi Guys :)

I have an oldish laptop that is need of a new hard drive. I've got a new 2Tb drive and have backed up all my personal files. The main issue I have is that the OS is a bit tired and beaten up about now, and I was contemplating doing a clean install instead of cloning the drive again (this is the laptop's second new HDD). I don't have a Windows installation disc and I have to recovery partition either (lost in the last drive cloning process).

Is there a way of downloading a copy of the installation files or a disc image so I can use my genuine OEM Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (or a newer improved version, but NOT Windows 8) product key to reactivate it please?

Many thanks, Garry :)

chub_tor 21:11 21 Jul 14

You can get it from Digital River Click Here

alanrwood 22:40 21 Jul 14

Will they work with an OEM version?

alanrwood 11:11 22 Jul 14

I was under the impression that oem serial were not accepted by the images from Digital River so I have learned something here. Thanks.

iscanut 12:00 22 Jul 14

Have a look at page 119 in current issue of PCA

Batch 13:50 22 Jul 14

I for one have certainly used OEM product keys (e.g. as supplied on the CoA on the underside of a laptop which perviously had a pre-installed OEM version of the OS) with Win7 install images from Digital River with absolutely no problems.

bumpkin 15:49 22 Jul 14

I can't see any reason for it to not work. Worked fine when I tried it with a OEM key. I was given the disc by MechKB coincidentally.

DJ-Garry 09:53 27 Jul 14

My installation stalled at almost the first hurdle using the download from here ..... it asked for a cd/dvd driver for the device it was already reading the disc with, crazy. It was bought as an oem device and I can't find a driver for it anywhere as it's quite new too :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac