Clean up programme for ya PC

paddo1969 18:43 10 Aug 06

I am look to download something that will clean up my pc...give it better speed, optimisation, repair the pc etc etc

hope some1 can help

Cheers
Paul

pac73 18:50 10 Aug 06

I use ccleaner,its one of the best in my opinion.Download it from filehippo.com.

SB23 18:55 10 Aug 06

Have a look at this,

click here

I've used this for a while now, and it seems very good, well, so far.

Steve

Strawballs 19:32 10 Aug 06
  Genius1 19:36 10 Aug 06

When using CCleaner (official site click here) make sure you are not deleting anything you don't want to (obvious really!). The program will warn you if you set it up to 'clean' certain settings such as Menu Order Cache you may not want 'cleaned'.

skidzy 20:03 10 Aug 06

This type of thread comes up very often,im sure you will be inundated with recommendations that are all free.Without going into this to deep,here are a couple to keep you going:

Regscrubxp click here

Cleanup
click here

Hope this helps

Cymro. 11:42 11 Aug 06

I agree with SKIDZY and have used Regscrubxp for some time now. I find it very good with no problems etc.

squillary 15:05 11 Aug 06

Agree with Genius1 too. CCleaner is a dangerous tool in the wrong hands IMO. Be very clear what you're deleting before you delete it. Start off with what you're sure about and fine-tune from there.

Personally I don't trust myself with it. Thorough as it may be, I find it quite indiscriminate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009