Clean Out

phildux 14:54 27 Mar 05

could anybody give me an idiots guide to cleaning out my comuter. its got bogged down over the years and needs a good clean out i would like to no how to wipeing the hard drive clean and re installing windows ect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:03 27 Mar 05

2 ways to go

1. Stay with your windows setup and clean out old files and registry bloat. Uninstall all programs you no longer want. Run Crap Cleaner click here to clear all temp folders and scan for issues to clean the registry, run a scan and defrag on your hard drives.

2. BACK UP WHAT YOU NEED AS IN DOCUMENTS,DRIVERS FOR YOUR SOUND CARD MODEM ETC. Format the hard drive and reinstall all the software you need
Clean install windows XP
click here
click here
click here
click here

phildux 15:56 27 Mar 05

what if any problems can or will i run into. a bit worried about formating the hard drive

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:14 27 Mar 05

DO you have a Full windows CD or a recovery disk? formatting is easy if you have the full disk.

What op system are you using XP / Win98se?

Less problems if you go the first option of a clean up of what youalready have rather than start over.

Vitruvian Man 19:33 27 Mar 05

hehe for a minute I thought you meant physically wiping your harddrive. If you had not cleaned it out for years then I suggest a reinstall of the operating system only if you have the disk though? or maybe it came with a restore disk. if not then the other suggested methods will work ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…