Clean Install Vista

Spr 21:03 25 Apr 07

We are advised to clean install Vista, how do we uninstall Widows XP & how would you uninstall Vista if you have installed it over Windows XP.

anskyber 21:10 25 Apr 07

You don't uninstall anything. When you insert the DVD and start the process assuming you have the choice of upgrade or what is called "custom"

Custom gives a clean install and disposes of XP.

Technotiger 21:12 25 Apr 07

Hi, as I understand it Vista cannot be uninstalled - but I may be wrong. Personally, I prefer to stay with XP, although Vista does look nice.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 21:47 25 Apr 07

if you follow anskybers way it rounds up all the xp stuff and put it in a massive file called 'windows old' or something similar

Fingees 22:21 25 Apr 07

If you really want a clean instal, just reformat your hard drive and then instal Vista, I did.

Works great.

Totally-braindead 22:27 25 Apr 07

If you have XP and then install Vista as an upgrade it is my understanding that once the upgrade is completed you cannot go back to XP and would then have to blank the PC and install XP from scratch.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 00:05 26 Apr 07

thats what i had to do, a full format and used recovery disks to restore to factory settings with xp. ie a working computer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced