Clean Install Problem

donald59 09:19 14 Apr 07

I want to do a clean install of my computer. I have a Toshiba 3300M but when I press F12 or the C button together with the CD Rom to perform the action, it does not work. The technicians at Toshiba have tried this serveral times without success. We thought it was something to do with the BIOS so it was upgraded, but still the same result. Is there an alternative way to sort this problem so that I can successfully do a clean install, and re-install both the software, and Windows XP.

Crazygeorge3 09:53 14 Apr 07

Go into the BIOS and try selecting your CD Drive as primary boot device, then it should prompt you to boot from CD

donald59 20:53 16 Apr 07

Following your kind advice, and forgive me being ignornat, but how does one get into the BIOS.

Thanks.

Donald59

skidzy 20:57 16 Apr 07

Possibly tapping F1 or F2 or the delete key on startup.

Is the drive listed in MY computer ?

Also try inserting the disc and rebooting the machine.

donald59 22:21 16 Apr 07

I did a clean install once on a computer that I owned, but I was given a series of numbers to compute on a black screen - similar to the "run" section, and that cleaned the hard drive, and I was able to carry on and upload the production CD and OS. Is there anyone out there with a code that I can input to make clean my hard drive please, as none of the suggestions I have been given, appear to work so far.

Donald59

skidzy 22:41 16 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now