clean install (how to do it)

De Nada 16:31 13 Jun 06

would it be easier for me to do a clean install on my pc,had lots of probs with windows update pages and SP2,i got my genuine advantage cd a few days ago and did an upgrade,but it made no difference,so would it be easier to re-install?not sure how its done,i do have another post going at the moment,but maybe it would be better to start again,i think it must be corrupted files,i managed to get SP2 from microsoft but it gets so for installing then says access denied.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 13 Jun 06

E-mails
favourites
my doccuments
drivers

because once you format its all gone!

Clean install windows XP
click here
click here
click here
click here

De Nada 19:14 13 Jun 06

thanks,i may as well give myself plenty time to have a go,so i will attempt it tomorrow,how do i backup drivers?

VoG II 19:15 13 Jun 06
  De Nada 19:18 13 Jun 06

thanks both,

De Nada 14:50 14 Jun 06

just a quick question about partitions before i bite the bullet,do i need to make any?,i read on this forum not long ago that they are not on required todays pcs,when it comes to that point in the install how do i go about making a partition for windows, and how much space do i give it?thanks

De Nada 11:04 15 Jun 06

bump,

rmcqua 11:13 15 Jun 06

You won't need to make seperate partitions. Windows will just make the whole of the C drive one active partition, unless you tell it otherwise.

De Nada 11:32 15 Jun 06

thanks,the reason i ask is,in pcadvisor(july)it suggests making a 10240 partition for windows and i dont quite understand it,this is my first attempt at a clean install and im a little on the panicky side,

rmcqua 11:36 15 Jun 06

OK, I didn't see that article but, honestly, I would keep it simple. You can always add extra partitions later if you find the need to.

De Nada 11:40 15 Jun 06

i will just go and put the kettle on,then give it a go,thanks again,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…