clean install

zebbydog 14:53 27 May 04

My friend has a Tiny pc and wants to do a clean install, it came with no backup disc but he has a copy of xp home from is old pc. The question is can he clean install with his own xp or doe's he have to buy one from tiny.
He has been told that Tiny build bits in the pc that only come on their discs, Can he download the drivers etc from online first.

Any help most welcome. Zebby

hugh-265156 15:06 27 May 04

if your friend has a full retail copy of XP on cdrom they can install it on any machine they like so long as it has been removed from the other computer first.

the hardware in the tiny pc will be standard stuff.

just check you have any motherboard sound and video drivers on disc also.if you know what the hardware is you may be able to download drivers for it if you dont have driver cdroms.

everest will give you links to drivers if you nstall it and click computer/summary click here anything listed in blue is a link to drivers and info

inneedofhelp 15:07 27 May 04

dont 4get, before u re-format, make sure u have the windows key. trust me, make sure u have it lol

zebbydog 15:42 27 May 04

His xp is a retail copy he bought it for is old pc 4 gb and 128 mb and it was very slow so he put win 98 back on to sell it.
I will try to sort him out the weekend Zebby

Will post back if any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…