clean deleted fies and programmes inc regestry ent

curious 13:37 13 Jul 05

I have been told that deleting stuff from the computer doesnt actually do that it just tells windows to ignore those files and that they remain on the hard drive along with their regestry entries Can anyone please recommend a programme for completely wiping these items off the hard drive and thus speeding up my computer.

De Marcus 13:39 13 Jul 05

CCleaner (crap cleaner) will do what you want click here

De Marcus 13:45 13 Jul 05

P.S. Run it every week to keep windows in tip top condition.

field divison 13:53 13 Jul 05

Yip De Marcus is correct thats what I use that and RegScrubXP which works on different O/S....

curious 14:53 13 Jul 05

thanks for the quick response will use the CCleaner and see how it goes once again thanks for your time and trouble

Completealias 17:04 13 Jul 05

In my personal opinion ccleaner is ok for cleaning with the windows tab but I would not use the registry cleaner part of it myself, Regclean gets recommended here you can find it click here personally I use tweak xp pro got a free copy on a cover disk if you are on 98 they do a free version which can be found click here

curious 17:07 13 Jul 05

thanks for that reply its nice to know that there is genuine help out there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…