CLEAN 3.0 AND OR CLEAN 5.0 SOUND ISSUES

Jimmy James 12:44 24 Dec 03

Can anyone help?

I was happy using Stienberg Clean 3.0 for putting records to CD. One day it stops working. Sound comes through the speakers, but the record Level indcators stay at zero. I have checked all settings and the sound volumne.

I upgraded to Clean 5.0 (now owned by Pinnacle Systems) It worked fine until (i think) I installed a canon flatbed and twain drivers for it and a digital camera.

I now have the same porbs again. Sound comes through the speakers but it does not show in the record meters and therfore does not record.

MichelleC 15:33 24 Dec 03

Try running tests with DirectX; RUN/ type in
dxdiag.exe. Also get latest version 9.0b (don't get 9.0a as it's buggy).

esbe 18:30 24 Dec 03

Hi, try Options > preferences/sound card,you can alter the playback & record sources in there ie; your soundcard for playback, and if youre using the pre amp that comes with Clean, use that option for recording.Hope that helps.
cheers.

Jimmy James 17:59 27 Dec 03

Thanks to those who have submitted suggestions to my problem. However, these have failed to resolve the issue. DirectX tests work fine and I have checked and re-checked the soundcard settings in the CLEAN software.

Once again, I get sound throught the speakers, which would indicate that all the hardware is working as i should. However, the record meters within CLEAN show a zero reading and therefore I get no material being recorded to disk.

I have had this same problem using both CLEAN 3.0 and CLEAN 5.0. Something is knocking out the record function. I have looked at this problem for some time and cannot think of where to look next.

PLEASE keep coming with any advice.

Many Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…