Class file?

SAH 22:11 08 Sep 03

I've been sent a "class file" which I cannot open and my PC tells me that there is no software available for this type of program. Has anyone heard of this type of file before?

Valvegrid 22:14 08 Sep 03

Does have an extension to it e.g. .doc, .jpg?

Valvegrid 22:15 08 Sep 03

If it does, try checking it on this site:

click here

Paul.

SAH 22:21 08 Sep 03

Valvegrid - no it doesn't have an extension, it just says "CLASS file" after the file name

MAJ 22:26 08 Sep 03

It's a java file, SAH. Who sent it to you or for what reason?

Valvegrid 22:27 08 Sep 03

In that case, this may be something to do with it:

click here

Paul.

SAH 22:31 08 Sep 03

Maj - It's a piece of music my friend sent me. What's a Java file and is there any software I can download to play this file?

Valvegrid 22:34 08 Sep 03

You can download java from here:

click here

MAJ 22:37 08 Sep 03

I'm not a programmer, SAH, but my understanding is that it's a file which contains instructions for a java programme or applet. It's certainly not a music file. Get your friend to resend it or ask how he/she made it. Do a virus check as well, just in case.

SAH 22:42 08 Sep 03

Thanks for that Valvegrid and you're right MAJ, I think I'll check with my friend first before I download any software!

Valvegrid 22:42 08 Sep 03

Java class will support sound files, if your browser supports java there is a button half way down the artical to prove it click here, if the button is not there, then your browser does not support java.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…