Clarkdale Integrated Graphics

bpzoom 30 Oct 11
Answered

Sorry to ask what might be a daft question but what exactly is Clarkdale Integrated Graphics and how would I know if I had it on my machine? I am asking because DELL are suggesting a new driver R253248. I cannot see whether or not it exists on my machine. I have got a ATI Radeon HD 540 video card. Is Clarkdale Integrated Graphics video software integrated with the motherboard?

rdave13 30 Oct 11

Ask Dell.

rdave13 30 Oct 11

Have a look at display adapters in Device Manger. Integrated means it's on-board. They sell the machines so tell them your problem. You should get a decent reply off Dell.

Clarkdale was the code name for a generation of Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors. Simply, what you're seeing is that you have the integrated graphics that are part of the Clarkdale processor architecture - because your PC uses (I assume) that generation of processor. However, if, as you say, you have got an ATI Radeon card, then I'm not sure why you'd want/need to mess with a driver for the integrated graphics. My recommendation? If you don't have a problem, leave well alone.

bpzoom 30 Oct 11
Answer

Ian, Thank you, I will take your advice! Brian

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message