Clarifying Computer Components

23790954 21:52 24 Oct 06

My grand-daughter has asked me to repair her computer, which is in a tower case. It was given to her by her father. However she has no motherboard cd with drivers etc., and no cd for the graphics. I have had to format the hard drive, due to the data not being of any use to her, but now I cannot replace the mainboard or graphics drivers. Is there any software I can download, which would tell me the make of the motherboard, and graphics card so that I can install the correct drivers, or does anyone know a way round this problem. Thanks for any advice given.

sean-278262 21:55 24 Oct 06

Open the case and look at the larger printed text on both the mobo and gfx. One should say a brand. If the computer is at all branded then just let us know what the computer is. You can try click here for belarc advisor but I dont think it will work 100% of the time.

sean-278262 21:55 24 Oct 06

That should read "one should say a brand and the model name and number".

GaT7 21:58 24 Oct 06

"Is there any software I can download, which would tell me the make of the motherboard, and graphics card..." - Yes, there's Everest Home click here & SIW click here.

Windows should install 'generic' drivers that should give you a display until you're able to download & install the correct ones. G

VoG II 21:58 24 Oct 06

Your question is ambiguous since it is not obvious whether an operating system is still installed. If one is click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…