ClamXav 1.0.3h Released

Mytob 18:34 10 May 06

Just thought all you mac users would want to know that a new version of ClamXav has been released today!

Totally-braindead 18:36 10 May 06

Whats a mac? Isn't that some sort of raincoat.

Sorry Mytob couldn't resist.

Totally-braindead 18:39 10 May 06

Just went looking to see what it is and its a free anti virus program for Apple Macs. Just out of interest is it any good? My nephew has a Mac not sure what anti virus he uses but perhaps this will interest him.

Mytob 01:18 11 May 06

Clamav (the backend) its a super av system run by the community and distributed under the terms on the gnu gpl (free to use distibute and make into your own project). I use it on my mac and have had no probs with it and its got a very good responce rate to virus outbreaks click here if you want a quick read. as for the frontend (ClamXav) true the updates are a bit few and far between but it beets the hell out of norton which just wont work properly on 10.4 from what iv been reading. You dont realy need a av system on the mac at the moment but I like to be safe than sorry as there have been a few proof of concepts recently. For a mac av system i can highly recomend it.

Totally-braindead 14:37 11 May 06

Thank you for that Mytob I'll mention it to my nephew.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…