cisvc.exe

polisher1 11:09 13 Jul 06

Could it be anything to do with the Windows updates of yesterday but my desktop CPU is chucking a fit.
My desktop has a AMD Athlon 2800+ CPU that is now running at 100% even when idle but the fan seems to be running jerkily. The wireless mouse is jerky aswell windows media will not play music.when I press ctrl-alt-del and check cpu usage it's 100% the pf usage is 175Mb. When I check Processes the cisvc.exe seems to be the process doing it as the figure at the side for cpu is running at 93 or 97.
I'm running XP SP2 and did the security updates yesterday. I've tried restoring the computer back to a restore point I did on 11/07 but the CPU and fan are still racing. Any ideas please.

brundle 11:12 13 Jul 06

a few ideas here click here

polisher1 10:34 14 Jul 06

Thanks for that but before I pay for the information has anyone any ideas?

brundle 10:39 14 Jul 06

just scroll down the page, only ever had a problem if a page is accessed to often.
mainly, disable indexing service or remove it from control panel/add remove programs/windows components

Sethhaniel 10:41 14 Jul 06

Go to my computer and right click on the (NTFS) drives. Click properties and uncheck "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching" in the General tab. Repeat for all your (NTFS) drives.

polisher1 12:33 14 Jul 06

Thanks for assistance. I've unticked that and I've been in to services and turned off the Indexing Service.Thats stopped it using the cpu but the computer is still running jerkily and the System Idle Process is showing cpu 97 and under performance tab the cpu usage is 63/64% can I pick your brains further.
Cheers

brundle 12:42 14 Jul 06

take a more detailed look at processes with this
click here

the usual antivirus/spyware scans, thorough disk check, boot in safe mode and see how it runs then, disable any autorun/systray apps you dont need all the time,disconnect any unnecessary hardware, always something else to try

polisher1 17:17 14 Jul 06

I've pinned it down to my connection to the internet.I've stopped the wireless link to the tinternet and linked up via a cable and the computer is back as before. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…