Cisco 2504 Router

Blanc Glacier 16:18 04 Jan 06

Hi there,
I just got hold of a second hand Cisco 2504 router so that i could learn more about networking. My question is:

How would i go around setting up the cisco 2504 onto a PC? The pc being used has Windows 2000 on it and the cable from the router to the NIC is RJ45 straigh through.

Any help would be great. Thanks :)

Taran 16:27 04 Jan 06

The CISCO website has full documentation including installation and setup for all of its equipment:

click here

Forum Editor 19:11 04 Jan 06

when new, but it was designed for use with ISDN lines, and if you want to connect it to an Ethernet LAN you'll need a transceiver. There'll also be a few hurdles when trying to configure the router, and to be honest I would not recommend this as something for someone who is new to networking. For around £60 you can buy a brand new LAN router that is preconfigured for use with broadband internet connections and ethernet networking components.

Blanc Glacier 20:03 04 Jan 06

Thanks for the replies.

Forum Editor - yes i do have a network up and running at home i use a wired netgear DG834; all working fine...however, i just really want to know how to configure this one on a spare machine. How do you mean a "transceiver"?

Regards :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now