Circular spam

Newuser964 11:39 28 Apr 03

One of our email addresses has been pulling in junk email messages, which usually go - with the domain name if applicable - into the Blocked Senders' list.

Today one has arrived which claims to have come from us - same address - in the first place, so that if we add to Blocked Sender's list, it wants to add our own email address to the list.

Any advice?

Hobbit 11:44 28 Apr 03

This would not be from Dial a Prank would it. I have had the same thing for the last week and have asked my domain holder how this can happen.

Sir Radfordin™ 11:49 28 Apr 03

There are several ways to 'spoof' who an email address is from. Its not hard to do. It sounds as if this is what has happened in this instance. There is nothing you can do to stop this sort of email being received using standard tools.

Newuser964 12:07 28 Apr 03

Hobbit - yes, it is from them. Pity they can't find anything more interesting to do with their lives?!

Hobbit 12:36 28 Apr 03

I have got a reply from Easily (who hold my domains) which says there is not a lot that can be done unless it comes from one of there customers. If your domains are with Easily then there is a good bet that they are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…