CiD: Internet Explorer Unwanted Adds

Cybercrow 21:50 28 Mar 07

Since a few days ago, whenever i browse the internet via my Microsoft Internet Explorer, i keep getting advert windows popping up!
(Even though i have got my Pop-ups enabled).

The adverts come up in a window that says at the top.. CiD: Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I don't know why my computer has started doing this and i cannot see how i can prevent these unwanted windows/ads from popping up.

VoG II 21:57 28 Mar 07

This is a LOP variant. Try these

Ad-aware click here
Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
AVG Antispyware click here
A-squared click here

Cybercrow 22:02 28 Mar 07

Can you tell me what a LOP variant is...?

How did it get into my system?
(I have downloaed Ad-aware).

Thanks!

VoG II 22:09 28 Mar 07

As you apparently do not have access to a search engine click here

jeano 17:06 16 Sep 07

CiD Pop Up

I had this annoying problem too on my son’s laptop after he had installed an update for Live Messenger. Spyware Search and Destroy found a couple of entries but the problem came back after rebooting. AdAware didn’t find anything. Looked at some of the solutions on the web – looked a bit complicated to me.

I went to control panel/add remove programs and clicked on the option to show updates. This showed an entry for Messenger Plus 3 and sponsor. Clicked on remove. There were options to uninstall Messenger Plus plugins or “Sponsor only”. I selected "sponsor only" and it connected to the internet and displayed a code for me to enter to uninstall. Then shutdown. The Program (1785F61B) was not responding but I clicked on End Program. Rebooted then tried various Web sites via IE – seems to have gone now. Fingers crossed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…