CID advertisements

jonny_doe 14:48 06 Jan 10

bought my son new laptop so had his desktop.
im getting pop ups from this company any ideas how to stop the tried windows defender .
super antispyware .spybot.and adaware found nothing.
any advice appreciated

Pineman100 14:52 06 Jan 10

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, is Popup Blocker switched on? You'll find it on the Tools menu.

Pineman100 14:54 06 Jan 10

If that's too simplistic an answer, have a look at this thread, which says that it solved the problem.: click here

jonny_doe 14:58 06 Jan 10

yes pop up blocker is on

Taff™ 15:51 06 Jan 10

If I remeber rightly CID advertising comes from Messenger Plus program. When it is installed you have the option of unticking the box for "Sponsors adverts" or similar. (Kids rarely do that!) The cure is to uninstall and ensure you tick the box during that which deletes all previous settings. Reboot and then install Messenger Plus if you really have to unticking the appropriate box.

rdave13 16:24 06 Jan 10

If you can't find the program that downloaded CID on your machine then you'll need to run the universal uninstaller and SAS (updated) in safe mode preferably.
Now the uneasy part. I've just been to the CID web page and McAfee site advisor goes cherry red. So it's up to you if you continue.
Section 4, paragraph 5 gives the link to the 'universal uninstaller'. I've just downloaded it and scanned with Avast, Malwarebytes and SAS and it's clean. I've also run it and no ill effects. You'll have to type a code in to prove you're human before it let's you run it.
So if you wish to continue this is the site; click here (McAfee warning will show if you use the site advisor))
Don't contact CID for help just download the uninstaller, save and scan the file and quit the site.
Go into safe mode and run the uninstaller without opening any browsers. Now run a full scan of SAS.
Reboot into normal mode.

jonny_doe 06:08 07 Jan 10

thankyou worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos