Chronic Disc Accessing

Henry C 20:26 15 Sep 06

Every 20-30Sec my PC flashes the hard disc up. The screen saver never starts for instance. I have looked at msconfig etc and after removing a RAID driver and going through the current PCA DVD free programmes I still do not know what is causing it. I have checked for viruses etc what next?

ade.h 20:32 15 Sep 06

Open Task Manager to the Processes tab and set the refresh speed to high, then watch for an increase in memory usage around the time of each thrash.

Henry C 08:31 16 Sep 06

Thanks for the reply. I managed to do what you suggested but all I saw was memory useage randomly wandering (flickering!) around a set point. I still am unsure whether the problem is in the WXP start up or perhaps in the BIOS.

Henry C 08:32 16 Sep 06

Thanks for the reply. I managed to do what you suggested but all I saw was memory useage randomly wandering (flickering!) around a set point. I still am unsure whether the problem is in the WXP start up or perhaps in the BIOS.

terryf 08:41 16 Sep 06

>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…