Chrome Registration??????

AngeTheHippy 11:41 05 Jul 10

Morning Chaps,

At wits end to know what to do next. I use Firefox as my browser of choice and have done for probably 10 years. For a few days now, when I open Firefox I get a damned annoying small window headed:

Chrome Registration

underneath that:

Firefox could not install this item because of a failure in Chrome Registration. Please contact the author about this problem. >>>

I've been to the Firefox help pages and the user group - also Googled 'Chrome Registrations probs' but nothing seems to stop this. This small window appears twice (click OK) then FF opens then ANOTHER 2 small windows appear!!!

Any ideas what to do next? I've only got back to 1st July sys restore points. It's been happening about 8 days now.

Ange
x

onthelimit 12:20 05 Jul 10

I'd uninstall FF then reinstall.

Graphicool1 12:20 05 Jul 10

Try...click here

Woolwell 12:37 05 Jul 10

See this which should solve the snag click here

AngeTheHippy 13:09 05 Jul 10

Just about to unin-reinstall when I noticed 2 other replies, onthelimit.

Thanks Graphicool1, and the link you've given Woolwell, that's the one I tried first. It DOESN'T work either!! I've tried disabling ALL the add-ons and extensions and it didn't stop it.

Ange
xx

AngeTheHippy 13:31 05 Jul 10

Just unin-reinstalled FF and *** so far *** no more very annoying failed Chrome registration messages. Thanks you all for helping,

Ange
xxx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…