Chrome home page settings for windows 7

nutty norm 20 May 13

I have Chrome for my home page but when i click on the icon i dont always get the page immediately i have to click on the icon to get the page , But if i go to Outlook express it come up straight away is there a way i can make it work on Google chrome Nutty norm

Woolwell 21 May 13

Chrome is a browser not a home page. I think that your probably mean Internet Explorer rather than Outlook Express as Outlook Express is very unlikely to be present on Windows 7.

I guess that you want to set your normal home page on Chrome. In Chrome it is called start up page. Open your usual home page using Chrome. Open settings and then under On start up click on "Set pages" then use current pages.

onthelimit1 21 May 13

Is the icon a shortcut on the desktop with an arrow? If so, it needs a double click.

alanrwood 21 May 13

What you are referring to is a shortcut link on your desktop. The little arrow shows it to be a shortcut to a program. All such shortcuts need to be double clicked. If you want a single click put it on your quickstart toolbar.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message