Chrome - back button problems

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 17 Apr 14

Started using Chrome as IE8 and now FF very slow when trying to use this site.

I'm having problems with the back button keep losing pages

for example

I log straight into the help forum as homepage then open a thread. If I post a comment then find it will go back one page but no further

i.e. I've lost the help room main page first page I logged into.

Is there a setting I need to adjust?

Woolwell 19:45 17 Apr 14

I have a slightly different problem with Safari on my iPad where the back button, on this site only, will take me out of the the site and back to the previous website I was visiting.

Watching this thread with interest. Suspect that it may be a site related snag.

Woolwell 19:45 17 Apr 14

PS I don't have your snag with Chrome though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 17 Apr 14

Seems to happen when I open another tab

other tab works OK but this one has now lost its way back to the help room.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:50 02 May 14

No takers for this one???

Its really starting to annoy me now.

Home page set at this forum, open a thread - post a reply page goes back to thread with my new post at bottom and back button(arrow) greyed out, I can't then to the forum start page.

Woolwell 15:09 02 May 14

Long shot - try clearing browsing history.

Ian in Northampton 15:09 02 May 14

Fruit Bat /\0/\: this is the only site I've experienced that problem with and, even then, it's intermittent. What happens with me is that I open the site on the Tech Forum home page, read a post/thread, then hit the back button expecting to be taken back to the PCA Tech Forum home page. Instead, I get catapulted onto whatever site I was previously visiting on the tab. I haven't yet worked out the rhyme or reason to it - but, like I said, I've only ever experienced it on this forum, so my assumption has always been that it's just one of the many little glitches that affect the OCA site from time to time. Oh - yep, using Chrome btw.

Woolwell 15:16 02 May 14

Ian in Northampton - I get that behaviour with Safari on the iPad but not with Chrome on my desktop. And like you it only happens with this site.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 02 May 14

Ok so site not accepting all posts now.

I just posted browsing history cleared then click out and refreshed and post not there - lets see if this one works.

Fun isn't it? reminds me of the early days of windows and its problems.

wiz-king 16:09 02 May 14

Been like it for about a week - I now use the link to the forum at the top of the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…