Christmas Card Printing

tonyq 10:12 04 Dec 08

I have some Decadry A5(when folded)plain white scored cards 135gsm or 165gsm (I think),that I am going to use as Christmas cards.Trouble is I am not sure what paper setting to use in my Canon pixma ip5200 printer e.g.Plain paper/Matt Photo paper,ect. I cannot see any info on the box and have tried looking on the Decadry web site to no avail.
Regards tonyq

Peter 13:24 04 Dec 08

I would imagine the inkjet paper/card would be the correct setting to use, but you might need to just try a few different settings and see what the results are like.

I find that 280gsm glossy card gives the most professional looking results, but this can only be printed on one side, so I use some 140gsm inkjet paper for the inside and fix it in place with double sided tape.

Peter.

laurie53 20:09 04 Dec 08

Do you have an option for "Display/Brochure" printing?

lotvic 00:19 05 Dec 08

I find that the plain paper setting does okay for the different types of cards I use - plain and pearlised and a sort of 'linen' finish. Prints okay without altering any settings for thickness
I have a Canon pixma 510 using refilled ink cartridges (ink from Jet Tec or JR - I refill them myself)

I also insert a page like Peter does because it adds that 'special' touch to the card.

I get most of my A4 card from local Craft Shop and it varies between 200 - 240 gsm and has different finishes.

You will have to experiment to find out what gives you the most pleasing finished card.

MCE2K5 02:00 05 Dec 08

When I used to do my own Xmas Cards, I used a Card similar to this "255gsm Double-Sided Glossy/Matt A4 Photo Paper" click here

BT 08:17 05 Dec 08

I use a double side paper from
click here
Its glossy one side and inkjet coated matt on the other. Its only 120gm but is ideal for cards.

tonyq 08:50 05 Dec 08

Hi all,
thank you for your suggestions so far.
Normally when I make cards I use photo glossy for the outside and glue (Pritt Stick) a separate 100grm sheet on the inside. I bought the cards in question a couple of years ago and thought it was about time I had ago at using them.

laurie53
No I don't have the option"Display/Brochure".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now