choppiness also

holmesy67 22:30 23 May 05

just read the question by chidave, and i have similar trouble with some games although mine sound a bit different, as follows, one game in particular, call of duty, runs ok when the action is in a room or a building, but as soon as it gets outside everything slows down, it normally seems to happen more with more complicated games like medal of honour some simulator games, but others like splinter cell work fine .
any ideas please. D

Dan the Doctus 23:27 23 May 05

Sounds like your graphics card isn't up to it. What are your specs?

woodchip 23:32 23 May 05

you should reduce the effects in graphics card and or reduce resolution

holmesy67 10:10 24 May 05

sorry for not replying sooner, my graphics card is a radeon 9100, do you think i need a better one?

woodchip 10:12 24 May 05

It depends how serious you are about games as that's OK for old games

dagwoood 11:15 24 May 05

holmesy67, as per woodchips post, it depends on how serious you are about gaming and what games you would like to play in the future.

The slow down you get when you're outside is indicative that your card is struggling. Your games would play a lot smoother with a more powerful card.

As you currently have an ATI card it would be easier if you stayed with this brand because if you changed to a card with an Nvidia chipset sometimes you end up having to reinstall you operating system to cure driver conflicts.

As to what card you get, then it's just a question of how much you can afford/are willing to spend.

If you need advice as to what card to get, just post back with an amount you willing to spend, what operating system you're running on, how much RAM you have and and what processor is in your system and someone will point you in the right direction.

HTH, dagwoood.

holmesy67 12:10 24 May 05

ok, will do, but can you give me a rough idea as to how much it woulb be to upgrade?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…