Choosing the right laptop to take overseas -help!

Flower6 16:17 13 Dec 07

I will be going abroad next year to work in a developing country and would like to buy a laptop to take with me. I want to use the laptop for work and pleasure - including downloading music, watching films etc. Ideally, I'd like it to also have built in Wi-fi and be light to carry. My budget is £400. I'm probably asking too much but if anyone has any good suggestions for a laptop which fits the bill, would be great.

C3 17:41 13 Dec 07

The most important thing is to get one with a power converter that is rated for 100-240 volts and has a detachable powercable from the converter.

Then, when you go to the country, you can pick up a power lead with the suitable socket and you should be good to go.

BUT check to see what power output the country uses first though, as it may not fall into the 100-240 volt range.

I can't help you with an actual model as I don't know too much about laptop make and models.

golfpro 08:20 14 Dec 07

You don't say which Country you are going to, and if an internet access is available. If not you should be reading this, or something similar.
click here
It maybe an important factor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…