Choosing a quality budget digital camera

Newuser723 22:25 15 Jan 03
  Newuser723 22:25 15 Jan 03

I have been looking for a digital camera for a while now. Can anyone recommend a good quality digital camera for under £200? I have an interest in the Canon A40. Does anyone have any knowledge of its performance? I really want to go for one that uses compact flash cards because they are so much cheaper than secure digital or memory sticks.

User-312386 22:32 15 Jan 03

Fuji Finepix A204 at dabs .com click here

ex VAT £159.00
inc VAT £186.82
I find the Fuji cameras so easy to use

The FinePix A204 Zoom is an ideal combination of 2.0-megapixel performance, 3X optical zoom and long battery life. The 3X optical zoom lens makes this camera well placed to take photos across a wide range of situations at the press of a button. The movie mode enables QVGA (320 x 240 pixel) video clips of up to 20 seconds duration to be recorded, whilst the camera can also be used as a webcam. The supplied FinePix Viewer software makes it simple to download and manage images. It's the ideal solution for anyone requiring a well-specified zoom compact cam at an economic price.

SDJ 22:49 15 Jan 03

I dont know what the general concensus is in this forum regarding ebay but I must say that as cameras are probably second to houses and cars in the second hand market, you should check out the deals you can get on ebay.
I have a Sony P5 and took some stunnning shots whilst in Oz, but since a recent remark from an in-law (said that photos taken using digital cameras are computerised and no technique is required! I wish people who dont know about things like that would just shut the hell up!)I have been looking for an SLR camera and intend on proving my photographic skills in a format certain people can appreciate!
Sorry started ranting and found it hard to stop!
Anyway I saw some excellant deals on digital cameras, many of them coming from businesses therefore offering warranties.
Check it out you could save yourself a small fortune.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:46 16 Jan 03

Quality and budget are two words that should never appear in the same sentence. Go for the canon A40 and you will not be dismayed although I do prefer the Fuji software. You will find that you rarely take videos, the fun soon passes.

'I wish people who dont know about things like that would just shut the hell up!...correcto!...digital cameras do NOT produce good images, ONLY good photographers produce good images. Digicams are no different to negatives. Anyone that thinks their skills wil be embellished by a digicam is a retard. :-))

G

SDJ 08:40 16 Jan 03

I dont know what to make of that last post Gandalf, Im sure you werent having a go at me though? I was only suggesting that in my experience digicams werent getting anywhere near he respect they should. A professional photographer said he would never touch them as they dont produce good pics! well I beg to differ, like you said though they wont make a better picture if you couldnt take a good picture in the first place.

Aspman 11:27 16 Jan 03

My friends wife is a profesional photographer and she uses a digital camera for all her work.
True it's a £15,000 camera but its still digital.

Gongoozler 11:36 16 Jan 03

Newuser723, for a good quality digital camera at a sensible price I chose the 3.3Mp Sony DSC-P71. This is currently available from the PC World web site (not the stores) for £250. click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac