Choosing my faxes

s99Raj 17:29 18 May 06

I have an ordinary fax machine, not connected to my computer in any way, which has XP Prof on it, and is connected to the Web using broadband.

Advertisers fax me all sorts of junk which I have no need for and have never requested, and this wastes my ink and paper. Is there any way I can use my computer to view the faxes first and delete the ones I don't want?

Stuartli 17:39 18 May 06

I presume you mean the computer has XP Pro on it and not the fax machine...:-)

Why not use a fax to e-mail service similar to that run by Tiscali?

Senders use an 0870 phone number and you receive the faxes (obviously) as an e-mail:

click here

Changed slightly use wise but could still be useful.

Also see:

click here

click here

click here

There are many others.

Using your computer in this way means you can read the fax, store it if necessary in a Fax folder and also print it off.

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:40 18 May 06

click here and register your fax number. I had a similar problem and this cured it.

s99Raj 17:43 18 May 06

Thanks for all those suggestions!
I'll give them a go.

s99Raj 09:43 30 May 06

Thes are all fine suggestions but thewy rely on registering a new 0870 number.

What if I want to stick with my present fax number ( i.e. the one which resembles a lanline number)?

Marsh Warden © ™ 14:50 30 May 06

As stated, register your landline number in the link in my previous reply. It takes about 28 days to stop all unwanted faxes, but stop they will.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…