Choosing Graphics Card

allstar 15:51 05 Jan 04

Hi

My dad is going to buy a nwe graphics card. He has decided on one of the two below.

Asus 128Mb 9600XT from Scan at £145.41

or

Sapphire 256Mb 9600XT from overclockers.co.uk at £131.54

My choice would be for the Sapphire card, but the only problem is the utilities you get with the card. I have looked on the Asus website and seen the utilities you get with the card but cant find what ones Sapphire give. Can anyone help?

AndySD 16:33 05 Jan 04

BUNDLED with HALF-LIFE 2 full retail version in addition to other hot titles depending on your region

The best I can find.

allstar 16:35 05 Jan 04

AndySD

Thanks. Thats all i can find aswell.

Rayuk 18:46 05 Jan 04

To note it is bundled with a voucher for the game as it is not yet out.[And its also only the single player version not incorporating multiplayer option]

allstar 20:02 05 Jan 04

Thanks Rayuk and AndySD.

He is not fussed about the games, but more the utilities. Oh well, i'll try to find a physical box to see if that can help.

QQAA 20:12 05 Jan 04

From my brief impression over the last two years or so, I think GigaByte is the pioneer first-tier maker of graphics cards to seriously adopt ATT Radeon chipset in its product line and market it widely. At that time, many other big and small makers are still blindly following the (single dimensional, performance-oriented) nVidia trend, partly due to the ignorant consumers at large.

I suggest that GigaByte's AGP-8X Radeon 9600XT card should be included in your overall consideration if it had not already been click here#. It is bundled with three full games : "Will Rock", "Tom Raider", and "Raven Shield".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…