Choosing between wired and wireless connection?

JohnDC 19:31 30 Sep 05

I have just bought a laptop that includes WiFi. I have a wireless router that also allows me to connect via wire. How can I choose which way to go? If I am connected via wire, and the wireless part of the router is switched on, the wire connection is dropped. I want to be able to decide how to connect, regardless of whether the wireless function is switched on.

woodchip 19:37 30 Sep 05

If you only have one computer the Laptop. You need to setup with a wired connection, then you should be able to remove the wire if you got all the settings right. I have two Desktops connected by Ethernet Wire and Laptop with 11g card in it Wireless

T0SH 19:44 30 Sep 05

On most wireless enabled laptops there is a switch to turn the wireless on /off, if yours does not have this feature then disable the wireless card by right click on it`s icon and select "Disable" , or you can do it from device manager in the Wireless NIC properties

The choice is yours

Cheers HC

JohnDC 20:10 30 Sep 05

Thanks guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…