Choosing 19" Monitor

Grantrh 12:37 03 Dec 05

Hi,

I am going to but myself a 19" monitor. I have narrowed it down to the Samsung SM930BF or the Viewsonic VX924. Can anyone who has, or has seen either or both of these monitors tell me which they think is superior? and why? I use my pc for games, watching DVD's and general applications.

Also on the Samsung website click here it says that the stand is height adjustable with pivot but on the reviews I have seen on the net they say that the stand is not height adjustable - can anyone help me on that one? I am in the UK.

Any help gratefully received!

Mr Mistoffelees 12:53 03 Dec 05

I have the Samsung SM930BF. The image quality is superb and the 4ms responce time makes it excellent for games. The stand is not height ajustable, perhaps the marketing department is a little confused! Nevertheless I can heartily recommend it.

SG Atlantis® 12:55 03 Dec 05

see this thread click here

Mr Mistoffelees 17:02 03 Dec 05

"Hi, Thanks for your help! Just a couple more questions - does the Samsung SM930BF have a 3 year warranty and is it onsite? I don't know when u purchased your monitor but my theory is that maybe Samsung have changed the stand and now offer height adjustment. Thanks,"

The warranty is three year return to retailer. I bought this monitor just two weeks ago so the stand should be the current configuration and it is also a new model so unlikely to have been revised yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…