Choice of web connection in XP?

PGlad 20:03 07 Mar 05

Hi all - I have a laptop with Windows XP Home which connects to the internet at work via the LAN. I want to use a dial-up connection at home to connect to my own ISP, and although I can do this, I find that I can no longer connect through the LAN when I get back to work, it insists on trying to through the modem and dial-up connection.

I've tried creating a separate hardware profile and disabling the modem on the office profile, but this didn't work.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

TomJerry 20:08 07 Mar 05

on IE: "Tools" "Internet Option" "Connections", select you dial up account, click "Never dial a option"

If this is not work, you need to change "proxy", go to lan setting and put proxy server there if your work use one

PGlad 13:55 22 Mar 05

Finally found the solution (and annoyingly simple it was!). It was just a case of going through the connection properties pages and selecting the option - 'dial when a network connection is not present'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…