Choice of suitable screen res giving me a headache

Chegs © 21:53 07 Feb 04

I have a 21" Monitor,resolution set to 1280x1024.I use 3 different browsers,Opera 6.05/Avant/IE 6.My OS is XP Home.

I was experimenting with various settings in Opera,and have somehow altered the character © in Opera(that follows my username) to either an ? or À?,reset it in Opera and it just returns to a ?.Reset it with IE to © and alls well until I launch Opera again.Then it goes back to ? This is only a minor irritation compared to the difficulty I have setting up the text to be readable in here yet not be so oversized elsewhere that I need to reduce the size again to actually click the hyperlinks I am after(as IE settings are either tools/internet options/accessibility/ignore font sizes specified... yes/no)

Opera was easiest to work with,having an adjustment window of 100% etc,but since I altered a setting in it,the font size is about the right size,but it has developed a mind of its own as to what character it displays.

Avant is just like IE,either text is readable on some sites,but overwriting itself on others.I have only recently started using Avant(as it also has popup blocker/autorefresh same as Opera)so I haven't had time to experiment much with it,but if I could sort out a happy compromise that worked with all three browsers,so I could see its text in each(eg,use Opera for most sites,those it doesn't work in,switch to Avant,or if free from popups,IE)I had been using Opera/IE with no real problems,until my pc crashed a couple of days ago,now I simply cannot get Opera settings near a compromise.

Chegs © 00:36 08 Feb 04

Sorted it,removed Opera,reinstalled,reset preferences again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…