Choice of A3 inkjet printers

Biji 12:32 02 Jun 05

Canon 19950, Epson 1290S or HP? Any opinions please - I'm looking for best quality photo printing (but also general printing)

Taff36 16:09 02 Jun 05

But for what it`s worth I have used HP for a long time and I`m probably biased. My first A3 printer about 5 years ago was a HP1120C and it still goes although retired from the business and now only used at home. It was replaced last year by the 1220C which continues to provide excellent results. At that time it was the end of range offering and I paid £120 for it but although the results were perfectly good enough for general use I wouldn`t know if they were up to photographic quality at full A3 size.

Two ink cartridges. Both large ones unlike Epson. One black and a Tricolour. Refills are about £13 from Cartridge World.

thospot 16:47 02 Jun 05

I've been using a Canon S9000 for a couple of years now, just for my own use at home and the printing is excellent quality. It will not tollerate compatible ink though, which makes it quite expensive to run. There's six cartridges including the black that costs about £6.50 each for original ink and they don't last long.. The speed is the thing with this machine. It whips a photo out in no time. The models have moved on now.

Biji 10:21 03 Jun 05

Thanks to Taff36 for comments and will transfer to Consumer Watch as you suggest.
Thanks also to thospot for advice on S9000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…